Thursday, January 22, 2009

A quick update

In the past week I have not had time to write, nor a reliable internet connection, but hope to catch up when I return to Kigali on Friday. I am trying to use a French keyboard right now, which is very frustrating.

Here are some of the things I hope to write about:
One of the midwives from the ultrasound course, Annika, had all of us over for an amazing dinner last Friday. On Saturday, she took us on a driving tour of Kigali before dropping us at the Kigali Genocide Memorial. In separate posts I plan to write about the memorial, the African Youth Football (soccer) tournament where Kigali beat Mali on Sunday, my week in and around Kabgayi teaching family planning, and watching/celebating the Obama inauguration at the US Embassy and at Heaven restaurant in Kigali. it has been quite a week; stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment