Friday, January 9, 2009

Day of departure

After packing yesterday, I had the morning perfectly planned: sleep in, spend some time with Erin, have a leisurely breakfast and post something witty about the amount of stuff I'm bringing. Or better yet, I could post about how I'm leaving 3 inches of fresh snow in Chicago for 80 F temps and sun in Rwanda. I even took photos of the fresh snow and all my luggage. But you know how best laid plans go...

Instead Nate, the AT&T DSL repair guy, showed up at 7:30am and spent the next 3hrs getting us back online since our internet service cut out yesterday. That was just enough time for Erin and I to enjoy our "leisurely breakfast" with our new friend Nate. I left early for Ohare given the fresh snow and well, it's Ohare... Of course the ISP at Ohare is not working properly today either where I planned to post something while waiting at the airport. However, I figured out how to post something from my blackberry. Ahh, technology.

Anyway, if I find time to do it when I arrive you can all see the photos.

So I'm off to continue my attempts to change the world. I'm glad I can "take everyone with me" by writing this blog. Let me know if there is anything you all are dying to know.
I will think of you all often and miss you. Thankfully I won't be on my own the whole time, Erin comes to visit the 1st week of Feb. When we will do some travelling, sightseeing, and Gorilla trekking!

Take care,
D

1 comment: